Posting Guidelines [please read before starting a thread]
Below is a quick set of guidelines that you should try to keep in mind before you start a new thread. Of course, you should take some time to read the forum rules before posting in any forum.
1) Do a quick search of the forums to see if your issue hasn't already been covered. Chances are pretty good that it has, so try not to post duplicate threads.
2) If you find a thread that dealt with issues similar to your own but doesn't quite answer your question, do not post your question in that thread. Please, start a new thread and try not to resurrect old ones.
3) Make sure that you're posting in the right forum. Take a look at the forum index and choose the section that best matches your issue. This improves the chances of getting the answers that you're looking for!
4) Use descriptive titles. As frustrating as these problems can be, titles like "AHHHH!" don't do a good job of telling people what's inside your thread and may even dissuade other members from reading it at all. A good title will also make it easier for other people with the same problem to find your thread and, more importantly, the solutions within.
5) Try to limit each thread to a single topic. This will make them more accessible to both members who seek a solution to a similar problem and members who might provide one. Conversely, please don't post multiple threads about the same topic in hopes of increasing visibility; it will only serve to dilute any solutions or other discussion.
6) "The Code" doesn't exist. As nice as a quick fix would be, one isn't always available, and there always exist several methods for accomplishing the same task. With that in mind, try to provide all pertinent information in your first post. "It doesn't work" just won't do. Describe your problem in detail, what you've tried so far, what you don't understand, and try to provide a link to a page demonstrating the problem, even if you have to upload it to a temporary host. All of these things are of great help to the people trying to help you.
That's all for now. Thanks for reading this far, and enjoy your time on the LEIA forums!
Last edited by bourdelson; 10-30-2006 at 03:29 PM.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Posting Guidelines (please read before starting a thread)||J to the izzosh||Tables||0||08-31-2006 11:44 PM|
|Posting Guidelines (please read before starting a thread)||J to the izzosh||CSS||0||08-31-2006 11:41 PM|
|Posting Guidelines (please read before starting a thread)||J to the izzosh||HTML Help||0||08-31-2006 11:40 PM|
|Rules & Regarding Layout Making (Read Before Posting)||SSPrincess||Neopets||0||07-21-2004 03:37 AM|